Thursday, June 12, 2008

A new Summer.... memories in the making

Well, it's officially Summer and we have finally planned what we are doing! We are so excited to go camping with Brayson and Kenadi this year! The past three years of camping have been loads of fun! We are planning on going on just a few camping trips. With gas prices and a shortage in hours at work, we can't quite afford an abundance of trips. But really, we don't need a lot, just some down time with family is more than we could ask for. And all the time we can have, we will be eternally grateful for!!!

Well, I actually began this post the day after I arrived home from girl's camp. I had a blast with the young women. And having Jon come up for a day was an added bonus. It was hard to know what we were allowed to do, or if we were allowed to spend time with each other or if we were supposed to just stay at our "posts". However, things worked out well, and we were able to spend some time together and enjoyed what time we had.

Though girl's camp was a riot, the rest of the weekend and following week was a bit of a hardship. With the Topsy turvy election and preparations for it. And there was an enormous tragedy in the family. Jon's uncle died the Wednesday of the week of girls camp. He found out when he arrived home from work on Thursday. It was and still is quite a shock. I am still in shock and wait for a family outing to see him. So with all the emotions and so much to catch up on in and out of the house. And I am also beginning to teach swim aerobics tonight! I will be teaching two evenings and week and one morning. I am nervous and excited all at the same time. I am so full of emotions and feel like I'm not sure what I am feeling most of the time.

Anyway, I will make this post short and end with.... I am proud to be an American and 25 and a wife and mother! I am proud of my heritage and how my children are learning and growing! I am proud of Jon and all he does and his continuing strength and love and support to me in all I do. I look forward to forming amazing memories this summer with my family and friends! HAPPY 4Th!!!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive