Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Good Spring? Is it?

Well, the calendar said that spring started a couple of weeks ago almost! What happened? Well, I guess it depends on your view doesn't it? Jacklyn is happy that it is snowing so we have lots of water for the summer, however, this stay at home mom is LONGING for the sweet smells of spring and soft green grass between my toes! I am dreaming constantly of long walks in the sun, to the park, where we play in the sand and slide down the big red slides! I want to plant gardens and run and play out side! I know that the water is great for the environment, but I am SUPER ready for the warm temps! And I am POSITIVE the kids are too!!!

So we have entered a NEW realm in life! Kenadi is terribly TWO! The Pediatrician told me today that for most girls the terrible twos are WORSE at the beginning and a little easier near the end. I SURE hope so! She is very independent! She LOVE to hear her voice LOUD all the time! She IS in charge of everything! And she holds the keys to getting EVERYTHING she wants. That is really not true, but she thinks so! However, she is potty trained! And we're working on night time too. She's doing REALLY well so far.

Brayson is Mr. "I know everything and don't need to be told what to do because I already know. But it's OK if I don't do what you tell me, because I know!" He has a really hard time keeping his temper sometimes. The pediatrician said that if he could sit for 4 minutes at a time, then he is doing GREAT! So for as old as the child is that's how long you should expect them to sit still for any activity! It was great to hear that, just so I know that my children aren't the most unruly and out of control! A couple of weeks ago we had a birthday party with his friends and he loved it! There were friends from the ward and neighborhood, old friends and friends from preschool. It was a lot of fun!!

Jon is working at Out of The Woods still. He enjoys it very much. And maybe some day we will renovate our kitchen! He is 27 now! He has really been working hard to help me out around the house lately! Ever since I started back to school!

We are no longer doing our "Business", but I am doing "Cakes on The Side". That's just a name I threw out. I don't have a name, but I do all kinds of cakes and I am starting some business cards. I would like to make this a small business, so If anyone is interested, please find me on facebook.
Other than everyone growing and learning and dieing to have warm whether, I am going to school now. I started in February, and am 6 weeks into the trimester. It has been a challenge, but it has been fun at the same time! I am enjoying learning more about children, teaching and myself!

Upcoming or current events:

We are planning a family road trip! YAY YAY!!
Jon and I FINALLY went on a date an played racket ball!!!! It was SOOOO much FUN!!!
We are fixing our walls in Brayson's closet and the downstairs bathroom!!! Yippee!!!
I have a new design for a cake to practice... Flower Pot! I am excited!
Jon is installing cabinets at the new barn!
Jon is almost done with the wood at mom and dad Wilcox's house!
CONFERENCE is this weekend!
I am three months pregnant!!
We are planning on moving to Texas this fall.
And..... APRIL FOOLS!!! I am NOT pregnant! And we are NOT moving to Texas, though we had thought about it a few times!! HE HE HE! The rest are true though!

Anyway, so Brayson was talking to Derek the other day... on their birthday, and he said in a conversation about Jesus dieing on the cross (in the mountains is what he said) that "it's hard to loose them so young!" It was Hilarious!!!! And Kenadi has been grabbing faces and saying "Let me tell you something!!!" You should see her face when she does it! She is the littlest class clown!!!

More fabulously funny quotes to come!

No comments:

Blog Archive