Monday, August 18, 2008

One week closer!!!

We are one week closer to the first day of pre school! Brayson is SUPER EXCITED! And I am sure Kenadi is too! She doesn't understand, but I know she will have a TON of fun! We have been really working on the importance of taking the supplies to school and leaving them. It has become a special pre school pack that has become an exciting start. I am not quite sure how well Brayson will do with both Kenadi and I there. I don't know if he will feel like we are taking over his time and his special place, or if he will embrace it and enjoy it as if we weren't even there! I can only do my best to prepare him and myself and let it play out as it will.

Jon is still working and enjoying it at OOTW. He does find himself in different situations often, ones that he can't seem to do anything right. However, he plows through them with hope and faith that things will turn out as they should. He is working at his mom and dads helping with some remodeling and the addition to the south and east sides. He taught me how to wire a plug on Saturday!

Speaking of Saturday, we attended the Davis Co fair with my mom and pat. It was small and simple. We had fun and didn't feel like we were missing out on anything really. After we went to Kathy's and Brayson rode ginger, her pony. He did a wonderful job and had great balance she said. It was fun.

I am going through a rough period again! Last week was horrible!!! I couldn't do anything to change the way I felt about my weight! I tried daily to do things to help or to take my mind off of it, but it seemed to get worse each day. Finally I talked to Jon about it on Sunday, yesterday. He listened and I decided to make this week better. I would focus my time on my kids and the preparations for prescool. And focus my energy on Jon and my callings. I am feeling a little better today, and still trying to just live in this amazing life God has given me! I can see the powers and influences of the adversary as I think about the feelings I had for myself last week and as I see the impact it had on the way I acted to my family and others! I know that he and his power are real and he is actively striving to bring us down in any and every way possible!!! He uses our weaknesses and that is a HUGE one for me!! But in all that, I also know that I have a loving Heavenly Father and a Savior, Jesus Christ who loves me and has given his life and felt that pain and anguish. He knows my fears, feelings and thoughts. He has suffered for this time and still does and I struggle! I have moments and days when I think about just giving up and letting the thought and feelings be my life and me, then I see my family and know that I must fight! I am fighting and praying constantly!!!

Well, Jon and I have been using 'smiley pills' as a way to get Brayson to behave these last two or three weeks. It has been great. And I think it has reached its plateau! He is beginning to ignore me again and doing things he isn't supposed to do, even when he is given ONE warning. He only has ONE warning and then the punishment is given! It is that he looses so many smiley pills, or skittles, or he sits on the 'naughty step', time out for three minutes. Anyway, I am sticking in and really working at becoming a better, more loving and compassionate mommy. And using love, persuasion, and firmness. I pray a lot for help and guidance, and have been blessed immensely! I so love my children, as does Jon. We try to follow the spirit as it guides us in our life and we feel so blessed to have all that we do! We have been given so much and seen so much love and mercy from our Father in Heaven!!!

Now we have Kenadi who thinks it is okay to hit and yell and be disobedient! And the trials begin again! We are trying time out on my lap with her as we did with brayson, until she is two, then naughty step begins! She is learning to go poop and pee on the potty too! Things are flying by so fast! And life is filling with more beautiful colors each day, as we learn and try!

1 comment:

Jill said...

You have been tagged! Go check out my page..

Blog Archive