Friday, May 14, 2010

On the GOOO!


On the go and on the gooo too! Just in the last two or three weeks Edriannah has started to coo! She even giggled at Jon Saturday or Sunday! He's been trying to get her to laugh for at least a week now! Finally on Mother's Day, she did! What a wonderful gift that was!


This Mother's Day was especially wonderful! I was able to sleep in, which made us late for church, but the greatest part was spending the whole day surrounded by the people I love the most! Jon and the kids got me new scriptures and a case, since I got the bigger scriptures. And Brayson surprised me with a scrapbook page with both his and my hand on it. It said things like "my mommy is prettiest when she does her hair, and my mommy likes to cook mac and cheese" It was really sweet! I was so excited to try another new cupcake recipe from the AWESOME book my brother and sister-in-law gave me for Christmas. The first recipe we tried was a key lime cupcake. Then I did a strawberry cheesecake for relief society last month. For Mother's Day, I did the churro, and it was really good too! There are so many yummy recipes, I'm going to need a special occasion every month to try them all out! Or maybe I'll just try them and take them to a neighbor too! That's a great excuse!


So tomorrow is the annual Ogden Marathon; half marathon; and Kimberly Clarke 5k. Jon and I have been running 5k's for the last 3 years and we really enjoy it! Whether we improve our time or not, it's something we really love to do together, even if we aren't running side by side! I am nervous because Edriannah is only 3 months old and when I did it three years ago kenadi was 6 months old. It scares me to push myself because I don't want to loose my milk and have to start formula! So, I'm going to enjoy the run and take it at a steady pace... not really pushing myself too hard to make a certain time! We really love this race! And this year we are going to go to the expo together as a family! Then tomorrow we're actually going to stay and participate in some of the events after the finish. We're excited!


Not only has Edriannah been doing new things, but Brayson and Kenadi are too! Brayson will graduate this coming Thursday from preschool! We are so proud of him! And he's so excited to go to kindergarten! He said something really funny and cute a few months ago. We were driving home from preschool and I honked at Grami and Grampi's house to say a little hello. He asked who I was honking at and why, so I told him. Then he asked me if I knew why we call Grami "Great Grami" ? I told him I did, but asked why he thought we did. He responded "We call her Great Grami because she is so Great!" It was so cute and sweet! I just keep forgetting to tell Grami!


Kenadi is super excited to be going to preschool this coming fall! She also says some really funny things! She is so animated and surely my drama QUEEN! Around the same time Brayson commented about Grami, Kenadi said "I just love him so much!" about my dad! It was great, since she doesn't really know him or see him that often! I thought how wonderful and great the love of a child!


I learn so much from my children! Not just in their words and actions, but in mine as well! When I do something I've taught them not to do or to do they recognize it immediately! I'm told often when I say "hate or stupid" that I said a potty word! And sure enough I apologize and serve my time out! I love my sweeties! They are my angels! Watching them learn and grow is a difficult and wonderful experience!

No comments:

Blog Archive